Inmarsat IsatPhone 2 Troubleshooting
My phone will not switch on
- Check if the battery is inserted correctly.
- Check if the battery needs charging. Charging for 20 minutes should provide enough power to switch the phone on.
- If the battery does not charge it has probably exceeded its usage period and you will need to replace it with a new one. Buy your battery here.
My phone cannot make or receive calls
- Ensure the SIM card is inserted in the phone and is fully provisioned by Pivotel.
- Check you have a valid GPS fix. See ‘Using your GPS location information’ on page 37 User Guide for more information.
- Ensure the phone’s antenna is fully extended and you have a clear line of sight to the satellite. See ‘Connecting to the satellite’ on page 13 User Guide for more information. A least two signal bars are required to make and receive calls.
- If you have less than two bars signal strength, rotate the phone and angle the antenna until the signal strength increases and you are able to make and receive calls
- If the phone has sufficient signal strength and cannot make or receive calls, check if Call barring (page 23 User Guide), Diverting calls (page 24 User Guide) or Fixed number dialling (page 25 User Guide) have been activated.
My phone cannot receive a text message
- The phone can store a maximum of 20 messages in its memory. If the memory is full, delete a few texts to free up memory for new messages. See ‘Deleting messages’ on page 31 User Guide for more information
- If you still cannot receive a text, your service centre number may not be correct. See ‘Entering your service centre number’ on page 32 User Guide and check that the service number is +61415011740.
My phone continues to display Searching satellite…
- Ensure your phone’s antenna is fully extended.
- Ensure your phone’s antenna is pointed towards the satellite. Press Help for onscreen guidance. Consult the Inmarsat Coverage map to ensure you are within coverage.
- Ensure there is a clear line of sight to the satellite with no obstacles which could block the signal. See ‘Connecting to the satellite’ on page 13 User Guide for more information.
My phone displays a language I do not understand
- Press the red key to return to the main screen
- Press the left selection key to go to the menu screen
- Press the centre selection key to open Settings
- Press the down navigation key twice to highlight the Language icon and press the centre selection key
- Press the centre selection key and use the navigation keys to highlight the correct language and press the centre selection key again to change the phone’s language
My phone does not seem to receive voicemails
- Ensure Pivotel Voicemail number is correct +61424212121. Go to Menu – Settings –Call Settings – Voicemail number and enter +61424212121.